Friday, April 24, 2009

Summer Break

It's official. I am on a leave of absense for the summer. I still have to work out all of the details and find out when I will go back, but I am taking some time for me and for the family.

Last night I ate dinner with Nick, Ambria and Kayden. Then Nick took bear to his doggy class and I stayed home with the kids. I bathed them and decided we should play out front because it was such a gorgeous warm night. After we came in the three of us had a bowl of icecream and hung out before I put them to bed.

Several times throughout the night Ambria came up to me and hugged me and told me that she really misses me. Then she would tell me "Mommy, you are being so nice tonight". It made me feel both good and bad. I realized that even though I do try to spend some time with the kids when I come home at night, I am so tired, or so stressed that I am not much fun, or not in the best of moods. That is horrible. I miss my kids, I miss my husband and I am glad to be taking a break.

So, tomorrow begins my time off. I don't even know what to do with myself for the fact that I actually get an entire weekend off! I feel so at ease right now.

Oh, I also forgot to update on what I did to my hair. Remember how it was short, like to my chin? Not anymore. I really missed the length so I had some extensions put in. Thanks Kristy, your a doll:





1 comment:

Sislers said...

Wow, you have gorgeous hair...I'm completely jealous!