Sunday, September 28, 2008

My First Attempt....

My mother would be proud. I, for the first time in almost 10 years, am making my first attempt at reading a book. Whew. I don't read. I never really have been a reader, but I thought, you know, it never hurts to try and do something knew to better yourself, right? So, my lovely neighbor Heather (thank you Heather) let me borrow her Twilight book.

So far so good. I remember for me as a child it was challenging to read because I never really "enjoyed" the book. So I would read it as fast as I could just to get it done (usually I had to for school). Then when I would finish a page I would realize I didn't comprehend anything I just read! I thought maybe I had a bit of a.d.d or maybe I just didn't like reading all together. So then I would read to myself out loud and that helped a lot.

I am on chapter 3 now, and I think I can do this! So for all you readers out there, if you can make a suggestion for a book for my husband to read while I am reading this one, I would greatly appreciate it, because it is really hard to read when he is talking, watching tv, asking me questions etc! Maybe if he had a book of his own it might help!?

2 comments:

Brad and Marci said...

I am proud of you, I was pretty proud of myself too when I read them. Twilight is what helped me be a reader again. I used to love to read then I had kids and stopped reading then Twilight happened! You'll love them and then you'll want to re-read them just like the rest of them. Once they are over you'll feel like you have gone through a break up and something is missing. Yea, you could say I love the books and I am figuring out when to read them again for the third time.

chrissy said...

You're going to love the series! You can do it, you can do it!

As for Nick, I got nothin. You probably know that Ryan's favorite tv shows are on the History and Discovery channels. So when he reads (when he finds time to read, that is, which isn't very often), he picks stuff like "The history of caffeine", and books about how things work. He's weird.

:)