Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sick...again and again

Well, for once I can say it's not ME that is sick! That doesn't happen very often. Nick isn't feeling well, is stuffy and feverish, and so is Kayden. I feel bad for both of them. Last night Kayden was whining and crying from about 9:00pm until 11:00pm. Nick had to get a few things done for work but when he finished he took him downstairs to see if he could get him to feel better and fall asleep and let me go to bed. I was drained and fell dead asleep.

I woke up at 3:00 am to Nick finally coming to bed after Kayden finally fell asleep. I felt so bad because Nick is the one that doesn't feel good, yet he was up most of the night with Kayden. At about 4:30am Kayden started to whine and cry again in his room. I rolled over to see if Nick was awake and he was out cold. So I got up and bundled him up in a blankie and laid down on the couch with him upstairs. He fell asleep with his head on my chest after about 20 minutes of whining and looking at me like "mom, help me". It was so sad.

I couldn't sleep. I just sat there and watched him sleep and listened to him breath. He was feverish so his breathing was a little faster then normal, and I always get so scared when he breaths faster or wheezes. 6:00am came and the coffee pot started and woke Kayden up. I put him back in bed with a bottle, and he slept for about 15 minutes, long enough for me to shower.

I missed Monday last week because Kayden was sick, and then I took Friday off because Chrissy was really sick the last part of the week. I decided I had better at least try to come to work for part of the day and take Kayden to Chrissy. I know she is good with him and he will be ok but man I feel so guilty. I remember being little and sick and just wanting my bed and my mom, yet here I am dropping off my little guy when he doesn't feel good. It is hard working full time and trying to be a mom at the same time. I just wish I could have stayed home and held and loved him all day. :( It's going to be a long day.

No comments: