Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 5

Well it's day 5 and guess what, Kayden is staying another night. Last night wasn't such a great night for him and he was restless and congested. He hasn't had much of a fever the past 2 days so that is good, but his eyes and ears are really goopy and bugging him. He is such a trouper. I sent Nick home to sleep because he is going to fall over. He sent me home last night a little before midnight because I can't stop watching the oxygen monitor and every time Kayden rolls over his tubes fall out of his nose and the alarm goes off because he drops under the 90 mark. So, if I stayed I wouldn't sleep at all. Nick is so much better about that, he just gets up fixes it and goes to sleep where i kinda freak out a little. Anytime the monitor goes off I jump and run over there. I am such a stressball about things like that. I know he is in good hands and the staff is monitoring him all the time but I just get so worried that he isn't getting air and something is wrong.

My work has been so understanding. I am not coming back until he is home and well. I can't be away from him when I know he needs me here. He has become such a snuggler and so lovey. He just wants you to hold him and he lays his head on your shoulder and sleeps. He is asleep right now, and I just sit and watch him just hoping the sleep will help him feel better and get better faster. I have decided now that I am just going to take it one day at a time. It's the only way I am ever going to make it through this with my sanity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this just keeps breaking my heart...poor little guy :( I keep checking your blog hoping to see a "he's home!" I'm so sorry you have you see your baby boy in so much pain. I hope he gets better soon.

Erika said...

Thanks. This has been so scary for me. RSV is not a fun thing at all but I think we are making progress. I will keep updating as things change.