Sunday, January 6, 2008

Day 3

Well it's day 3 and Kayden is still in the hospital. He had a pretty good night having a breathing treatment about midnight and then not again until 7:00am-the longest span so far. Although, about half way through the night his oxygen levels dropped and he was put back on oxygen. This morning about 10:30 they tried to take him off of it to see how he would do and he dropped again, so they put him back on it. The tubes really seem to make his nose itchy and they bother him. The poor little guy-I just want to take him home to his own bed and to his house.

I had kinda a rough morning and have had an emotional day. It is so hard to see someone you love so much so miserable. He is such an amazing little guy and it breaks my heart to have him like this. I just want to help him but there isn't anything we can do really. They had hoped he would be released this morning but with all that has gone on today we are still here and don't know when we are leaving. I asked the doctor how much longer he will be like this and although they say it shouldn't be too long, they aren't completely sure. Most kids go home the next day, and we are on day 3 now.

Nicks parents are in town, and I talked to Nick's dad on the phone today about giving Kayden a blessing. They stopped in on their way to church and he had a member of the church help him perform the blessing. Although I am not LDS, it does make me feel better inside, and a blessing is still a blessing no matter what religion you are. It really helped me to feel a little more at ease.

So, we will just hang in there and keep a good eye on our little man. I will keep you posted on how things go.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

Oh, Erika, I'm so sorry! I hope he starts doing better soon. Please please PLEASE call me if you guys need anything. Don't hesitate to ask.

SHW said...

Lots of prayers coming your way! Take care, Erika.