Saturday, January 5, 2008

Another fun weekend

Thursday Kayden woke up with a wheeze. I couldn't believe how bad it was but Nick and I decided that we both had missed a lot of work lately with being off for the Holidays and Kayden being sick so much these past few months, so we went to work. Chrissy kept a good eye on him and that night I took him in to see his doctor. The listened to him and were concerned with his breathing so they gave him a shot of steroids in his leg to help open his airways. I took him home and he had a rough night because he was having a hard time breathing.


Yesterday morning we got ready for work and I just didn't have the heart to leave him. I stayed home with him so that I could watch him throughout the day. When Nick got home and things weren't any better we decided we should take him to the Emergency Room. We took him to Orem Community where they gave him a breathing treatment, took some chest X-rays and swabbed him for RSV. The doctor seemed concerned that he was having such a hard time breathing, his wheezing was to the point that you could hear him breath from down the hall in antoher room.
They gave us the option to take him home with a nebulizer, or admit him to Utah Valley Regional to be watched. Something inside of me made me feel like he needed to be admitted, so we took him over to Utah Valley about 10:30pm. He has had a total of 6 breathing treatments now, just got some motrin for his fever of 103.9 and had to be on oxygen this morning because his levels dropped. I think they will probably end up keeping him overnight again tonight.

I feel so bad for him, but he really tries to be in a good mood and is so cute. He talks to all the nurses and doctors when they come and tries to get up and play in the crib and walk around. The little flannel hospital jammie bottoms they have on him keep coming off when he walks around and he has patches on his cheeks where they attached the oxygen. I really hope he feels better soon so I can take him home where he is comfortable.

1 comment:

chrissy said...

poor little guy! if you need anything, let me know.