Saturday, September 22, 2007

I love new stuff!!!

Nick and I refinanced our house this month. After the bills were paid, and we put some money away, we saved a little extra for a few upgrades to the house. We had really yucky carpet upstairs. Everytime Kayden crawled around he was black from the carpet. It was really gross. And my biggest thing in the world that I am a firm believer in is that families should always have enough chairs at the table to accomodate the whole family so everyone can eat at the same table. So, I finally got my table for all my 5 kids! There is actually 8 chairs, so in case we had one more, there is still room! We are having Thanksgiving here this year, and I am so excited to have the extra room!

Here are some pics:

New curtains downstairs...

Nothing new here!

It's nice to feel organized... New desk

These chairs are actually for the table but they fit the counter
All 8 go to the table, but we keep 6
Curtains and rug
When taxes come we are going to get a new bedroom set for Nick and I. We don't have one, we never have. We don't even have a dresser for our clothes at the moment, we use rubber maid storage bins in the closet, but it works! It was a really hard decision not to get a bedroom set but for the first time in my life I can say that I have some money in savings and boy that is nice!
Good things come to those that wait.......I am just not the best waiter!

4 comments:

chrissy said...

Wow, Erika, everything looks so beautiful! I absolutely LOVE your new table and chairs! I can't wait to see the new carpet...it's hard to tell what it looks like from these pictuers :) I know this is weird, but i LOVE the smell of new carpet. It smells clean and new and fresh and oooohhhh I just love it!!! ha ha i'm crazy, huh??

Anonymous said...

OK, LOVE your decorating!! I am so into the power wall painting. Makes me want to go home and decorate my house. It's actually my goal for the week, to decorate with my fall/Halloween decor :)

I love the fall!!!

Erika said...

Hey thanks! I am a sucker for colored walls. In fact, I don't have one white wall in my house. My room is more an off white I guess but I have one red wall in there too. Just makes it feel so cozy ya know! Good luck decorating Sisler!

Jill Petersen said...

Okay, now I have to get a high table just like you guys! Maybe I'll wait until my kids are a lot older though! They ruin everything! Your decorations are so cute! I have ALWAYS wanted a red wall. I guess for now I can enjoy a red bathroom!