Thursday, August 2, 2007

Missing my baby girl....

Well it's been almost two weeks since I have seen Ambria now and I am really starting to miss her. Colleen (my ex mother in law) called me a couple of days ago and was really nervous to ask me something. She finally got the guts to do it and asked if there would be any way I would let her and Tom take Ambria with them on vacation to Oregon. Without hesitating I replied "SURE!"


It was really sweet because she started to cry and wouldn't stop thanking me. Ambria has spent most of the summer with Colleen while Chrissy just has Kman and takes a little break. How could i tell her no? They love that little girl so much and besides I would rather her be in Oregon on the beach then stuck at a babysitters house all day long (no offense Chrissy, I love you, and you know it).

When I got off the phone I realized that this is going to be the longest I have ever been away from Ambria. It will be almost 3 weeks. I'm sad, but in the same sense I am happy for her that she gets to go on a trip with grandma and grandpa and have fun and be spoiled. I just hope she hasn't grown up too much these past few weeks because when your gone that long you miss so much. :(

I love you Ambria!



3 comments:

chrissy said...

This post almost made me start bawling!

I can't even imagine what it must be like to have to share custody of your child, to not have them around you all the time. (Ok, maybe that would be nice once in a while! Ha ha) That was VERY nice of you to let Colleen take her. At the park today that's all Ambria talked about, was going to the beach with Gradpa and Grammy! She'll have a blast!

And no offense taken, I'd rather be at the beach than stuck at my house, too! LOL

Erika said...

I know, and they love having her but man I feel like I haven't seen her forever. It is really hard.

Sislers said...

ahh, how sad :( She is such a sweetheart. Hang in there... :)