Thursday, July 5, 2007

Something is wrong with me.....

Ever since I was a little kid, as far back as I can remember, I have always gotten canker sores. You know those really annoying little sores you get on your lips and gums? Ok, so recently I have started to have these crazy outbursts of cankers. When I get one, I get 10. Most people's cankers last 3-4 days. Maybe 7 if they are really bad. My canker sores last about 3-4 WEEKS. They start out small and painless, but as soon as I can feel one coming in I know I am doomed.

Right now I have three on the tip of my tongue. These are the worst. You can't talk, you can't eat, you can barely drink and they are the most painful thing ever. I have one under my tongue, one on the inside of my lip, one on the back of my throat and one on the roof of my mouth. HELP ME!!!!

There is a doctor at my work who called in some prescriptions for me today for acyclovir, which is the generic of zovirax, and chlorodextrine which is a mouth wash and is supposed to kill germs and help a little with the pain. If this doesn't work, or at least help I GIVE UP! I have tried every home remedy possible, I've swished salt water, tried anbesol, you name it, I've done it. So wish me luck because I am dying here!

7 comments:

chrissy said...

I feel sssooooo bad for you! I really hope this medicine works. They looked so painful on the tip of your tongue, just thinking about it makes my tongue hurt! Can (or has) Nick ever gotten them from you? 'Cause aren't they really contagious?

chrissy said...

Oh, and about the title of this post... We always knew something was wrong with you, Erika!!! HA HA just kidding! We love ya! ;)

Erika said...

GEE THANKS! From what I know they aren't contagious, but when I get them kissing is the LAST thing I want to do, so I guess that may be why he hasn't gotten them if they are!

Nick said...

So that is why you don't like to kiss me....hmmmmmmm

chrissy said...

hey man, SHE'S SAVING YOUR LIFE!!! (or your lips anyways.) unless you want big painful cankers, in which case, kiss away!

Nick said...

You have never kissed her... or at least I hope not. Big painful cankers would so be worth connecting lips with her on more frequent basis. She has amazing lips!

chrissy said...

you suck, nick!

ryan never talks about me like that!

and no, your wife and i don't make out.