Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th of July....

Kayden went to bed at his normal time of 8:30 last night. I wondered whether he would sleep through all of the fireworks in the neighborhood, or the Highschool firework show. Nick and I put out a blanket on our neighbors front lawn and brought out the baby monitor to listen for him in case he woke up. The neighbors always compete with their fireworks before the professional ones start, so we got a kick out of that.

The Highschool started their fireworks, and about 30 seconds into them I could hear Kayden start to fuss on the monitor. So I looked at Nick, took off running across the street, and thought I would bring him out so that one he wasn't scared in there wondering what the heck was going on and two so he could see them for his first time!

I have never seen a bigger pair of eyes in my life! He was so focused on them he wouldn't look away. He didn't jump, or cry, but he watched and would occasionally smile and look at me like "mom, do you see that!" He thought they were great! I was really glad he woke up ;)

1 comment:

chrissy said...

Awwww how cute! I can't believe he wasn't scared. Carter freakin' cried like a baby.