Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bullies

I hate bullies. I had a few bullies back when I was in school. I remember how unpleasant they made my life, and it wasn't fun. Well, my little Ambria has a bully. His name is Christopher, funny because that is her dad's name, but still, she tells me he is not very nice to her.

This past Friday Ambria says that her bully Christopher was mean and pushed her head into a pole at school. She says she had to get an icepack from the office. I questioned this because typically you would think this is someting the school would notifiy the parents about. I never heard a word until her dad called me to tell me the story.

When I called her teacher she was baffled. There is a Christopher in both of the morning Kindergarten classes. She agreed to do some research and get back to me. Here is her response:

Erika,

I asked Ambria about the incident. She said he did it on accident and said sorry. I asked her what pole it was. She looked around the room and then pointed to the coat/backpack hooks. She said that they were too close when they were packing up and her head got pushed into the 'pole'. She said she did not get an icepack. We talked about how she should tell me if someone hurts her or is bothering her. She said she would. I asked about the bullying. She said that no one told her she was stupid or lazy, but that she feels lazy sometimes. I don't know if her saying that someone bothered her in those ways was easier to say then to say that was how she was feeling? Or if someone was bothering her and she doesn't remember or doesn't want to tell me about it.

Thanks,

Stacy

Ambria has a way of taking things the wrong way. It looks like this may be the case, yet again with this little incident. Sometimes I wonder why she makes up such great stories. Does she need more attention? Does she just like to tell stories? I don't know. I tell you what though, she is a really hard one to figure out. We but heads in so many ways, but I still love her to pieces. I just have to take deep breaths sometimes and remember we are all different.

Whew.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

What? Really? That's strange she'd make it all up. Maybe she's just talking to talk. That kid'll talk your ear off.

chrissy said...

Um, *ahem*, I don't see my name on your "special days coming up". *cough* I'm just sayin...