Tuesday, February 10, 2009

School Update

Well, I am on my 6th week of school. That is pretty crazy really. It has gone by fast already. I am done with nails at the end of the month. I really think I have the hang of them. My last few sets have turned out pretty good.

I start barbering after nails. Barbering is everything from mens and womens cuts, razoring, open blade shaving, and a bunch of other stuff. I am excited! It will be fun to learn the technique behind cutting hair. I have done it for so long, I can't wait to finally learn the "correct" way to do it.

I have met some really cool girls at school too. It's weird because everyone told me "you will meet some of your best friends in hair school" and it is so true! There is such a variety of students. Old, young, moms, highschool students - just about every walk of life. So far there isn't really anyone that I "don't" like.

I can't believe after 26 years I am finally doing something for me. There were supporters of my decision to go to hair school, and there were people who thought I was just downright crazy, but I must say so far I am super happy I have started and I can't believe it is all for free. :)

2 comments:

chrissy said...

I for one, am so proud of you for doing this! How could you not, with a free scholarship, you know?!

shayrae said...

I think its great!