Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Check Up Time

What's that on my face? A little artwork done by yours truly! Ok, no really...do you want to know what it is? A few years ago someone told me about a little experiment you can do to check your iron levels. I am mildly anemic, and always low on iron. Iron has a lot to do with a person's energy level and since I have been extra tired lately I decided to do a little check.

So here's what to do. Find a ring made of precious metal. It must be real gold, white gold etc. This is also a good way to put your hubby to the test and make sure that ring your wearing is in fact genuine gold! (Sorry ladies, this doesn't work on diamonds. HAHA!) Alright, so take the ring and drag it down your face. If it leaves a nice black line, you are low in iron. If your iron levels are normal it will not leave mark.. Nick tried it after I did tonight and he didn't have a single mark on his face. I promise it's not just that my ring is super dirty, it really only does it if you are low in iron.

Try it out!

Time to go buy some iron!

5 comments:

shayrae said...

wow, thats neat! you learn something new eyeryday!

chrissy said...

someone got a little crazy with the rubbing! ha ha, no just kidding, it seems like a kinda cool trick!

Erika said...

It's fun! You should try it!

Sislers said...

Oh my gosh when I was prego, my hubby had a good time drawing all over my face. Now it's just every now and then that he gets to do his "artwork", haha!

chrissy said...

I did it to Carter: nothin. I do it to me, and it's black all over! Maybe I should check my iron levels.