Thursday, January 15, 2009

Updates

Ok where to start. First of all I am loving school. Still getting adjusted to the lack of sleep, but loving it nonetheless. We are currently learning how to give hot oil manicures and pedicures. I have my first test today. EEEK.


Let's see what else? The kids have been over since Friday because their mom has been in the hospital. She had a super high fever and had her appendix taken out. They go home today. It's been fun having extra time with them, but it's been tiresome as well for Nick because he is a single mom right now when I am at school.

Ok, on to the dog. Cute damn dog. He is potty trained, knows how to sit, come, lay down, and stay. Nick signed him up for puppy classes starting in March, so that will be fun. Oh, and he sleeps on the bed. Naughty me. I couldn't help myself. I think it's those droopy eyes.



Kayden decided on Monday that he didn't like the air outside, plus I think he has a tad of a cold. Nick has been working from home the past couple of days to keep an eye on him. Of course, yucky air means yucky breathing. So when the treatments we were giving him didn't work, we thought we had better take him to the doctor (yesterday). The doctor checked him out and decided to send Nick to the hospital where they did a suction and treatment and sent him home.

He woke up with an easier time today, even gave himself his own treatment (below). His cough is broken up and he seems to be breathing a lot better. I feel so bad for the little dude. Ya know? The poor kid can't get a break, yet he keeps on smiling and being his happy go lucky self. I just wanna squeeze him sometimes because he is so adorable.

Oh, ya, one more cool thing happened. Kayden has been so interested in the potty lately. So today Nick took off his diaper, put him on the stepping stool in front of the potty and said "there, now go pee pee!" and guess what? He TOTALLY DID! I am not kidding. The kid's a genious I tell ya! I just can't get over him sometimes. Not quite sure he's much of an aim yet though so....we will work on it.

So there, the week summed up in a nutshell just for you!

2 comments:

chrissy said...

That's one freakin cute dog. I still think you're crazy for letting him sleep with you, but I can see why. I'd melt with those big brown eyes.

And that pic of Kayden is adorable! He looks like he's five years old in it. I'm glad he got over it quickly. He's doing great today.

Love Notes said...

He is so dang cute. I mean Bear and Kayden. I miss that cutie. I hear ya on the breathing treatments. We have that same mask at home. Andrew's asthma seems to return with every cold now. It stinks!