Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thankful

We didn't have the kids this weekend so we were extrememly productive and got the house deep cleaned, all of the Halloween stuff put away, and we just got back from doing a huge grocery shopping. I cleaned out the fridge and pantry today and threw a bunch of old stuff out, and I don't think I realized how in need we were of food.

I went to Walmart to do my normal shopping routine. I usually go by myself while Nick stays home and keeps the kids. It is so much more peaceful that way. I had made a list of all of the items we needed, a huge list. About half way into my list I realized my cart was full, overflowing actually. So I called Nick to have him come, bring the kids, and help me finish the shopping. Two entire carts later, we have a very full pantry, fridge, and freezer. Can I tell you what a good feeling that is?

I am so thankful we are blessed enough to have a nice house, buy food when we need it, and pay our bills without a struggle. This time of year really makes me thankful that we are able to do the things we do and give the kids the things they need and deserve. I really guess I don't have much to complain about you know. Sometimes I think "we could have this, and we could have that, and this would be so nice" but then I take a step back and realize what we do have and how thankful we should be. We have 5 healthy beautiful kids, and so much more than some people would ever dream of. I have a husband who loves me deeply, takes care of me and the kids, gets up and goes to work every day, and that I couldn't live without. It's been four years now that I have been with Nick, and not a day goes by that I don't realize how lucky I am, and how much I truley love that boy. He is so selfless, caring, genuine.

So there you go. How was that for sap. :)

Happy Holidays to all of you.