Monday, October 13, 2008

Strep Throat

It has been YEARS, literally 15-16 years since I have had strep. I think I forgot how horrible it is. Friday night I went to bed early and Nick played with the kids. Saturday I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a bus and spent the entire day in bed. Sunday I felt even worse, and by then, instead of just the flu like symptoms I had had all weekend, I also now had a sore throat. I thought I'd better go get myself swabbed just to make sure.

I was a bit surprised when the doc at the Insta Care told me I tested positive for strep. I think I was maybe 10 the last time I had it. At least I know it's something that I can take an antibiotic for and start to feel better. Here we are on Monday now, and I still feel pretty under the weather. More than anything I feel weak. I have lost 5 lbs in 3 days and don't have any appetite at all, except for soup. I think I am going to take Kayden in to be swabbed too just to be on the safe side. Poor little dude better not have this yucky stuff. It has not been fun at all.

** Oh, update. I finished the first Twilight Book! My mother even wrote me an email and said she was in fact proud that I was attempting to read a book. I broke down and bought the second one and am about 100 pages into it now. Nick is about to start the first one so I can get him hooked too! I really am enjoying them. Never ever thought I would say that.

2 comments:

Sislers said...

Strep is nasty!! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Lorina said...

Feel better.. I hate Strep!! urgh.

I am almost done with the Twilight book. See your not the only one! haha..