Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Random Question....

I have been in deep thought the past few days about the whole world of "divorce and child custody" and I thought I would just throw something out there to see how others feel.

Put your self in this situation. You are a mom, in the middle of a divorce, and you have children with your spouse. When it comes down to custody of the children, you know for a fact (no doubts whatsoever), that your children would have a better quality of life with their dad. Not just financially, but better all around. The children's father has made it very clear he would love custody and the chance to give the kids what they need and deserve - even if that mean it was temporary until you could get to a point where you were able to take the children back.

Then, to make the decision even harder, your children are very vocal that they would rather live with their father. The relationship between you and the father is very civil and there is great communication between the two of you. Because of this, it would make it easy to set up extra time with the kids and a reasonable visitation schedule, extended Holiday visits etc.

As much as it would hurt, and as difficult as it would be, could you make the decision to let them live with their father? Would you be willing to even consider it?

4 comments:

chrissy said...

Hmm. I can see what you're thinking with this. I'm sorry.

I have a lot to say about this, but we'll talk later. Cuz it would be a book. :)

chrissy said...

Hey, I tagged you for "7 random quirks" on my blog. Play along!!!

Erika said...

I just want an answer...would you do it? You can write a book if you want, but I am just curious. :) SO TELL ME!

Love Notes said...

I've never been in the situation myself, but I do feel like I'd look out for the interests of my kids first. Who knows I guess. I'm always sad b/c I want those sweet kids to have an opportunity to do sports and extracurricular stuff and I know that they will never get that chance if they don't have more time with Nick! I could go on and on actually, but I'll refrain.