Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer Time in PG

Well, school is out, and summer has officially started, at least for our kids that is. I LOVE SUMMER! Not only for the awesome weather, green green green everywhere, but I love the fact we get to spend some longer periods of time with the kids. During the summers we get to have the three oldest kids 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. It really makes a difference having them there two weeks at a time because you feel like you actually get to see them and spend some good quality time with them, and they don't have to turn around and go home the next day.

Last night about 8:45 we decided that we were going to take a bike ride to Maverik and get some treats. After contimplating on what to do with the baby, Nick came up with a brilliant idea! He strapped on a pair of roller blades, loaded Kayden up in the stroller, and we were on our way! It was a blast. I only got scared for a minute or two when we were going down a hill and Nick came cruising past me, flying down the hill, pushing Kayden in the stroller (swirving back and forth on his rollerblades)! Of course, Kayden loved every minute of it!

I'm excited to spend some time outside this summer on our new deck, bbq'n away, and just hangin out with the family!

2 comments:

chrissy said...

Eek I would've freaked out if I saw Ryan whiz past me pushing Livy in a stroller! But hey, Nick hasn't killed him yet, right? ;)

My favorite thing about summer? That it doesn't get dark until after nine! It's awesome!

shayrae said...

I can totally see Nick cruzin past LOL!