Monday, June 2, 2008

I need to vent....

Ok, so I usually don't use my blog to vent, but I figure if I only do it every once in a while it can't hurt right? I'm hoping someone out there has some input for me, or has a similar type of situation.

I love where we live, and I love our neighbors..Summer, Jessica, Heather, even Bao the crazy chinese man. It's great, we all get along, hang out, bbq the whole 9 yards right. Ok, so then the house to our North....new neighbors, maybe moved in a little over a year ago- I'm not 100% sure. Well, you know how when you say hi to someone and you know they are only saying hi to be "nice" because you did, but they really would have never said hi on their own? Ya, they are those kind of neighbors. Ok, Ok, I am sure they are nice, if we had the chance to get to know them, but lately they have been doing some things that really irritate me.

Ok, so I can't help but think maybe they are a little "stuck up". I really am not one to judge but that is just the impression I get. Let me tell you some of my issues. Saturday we were out front playing with the kids and the guy comes out and asks "can we move this basketball hoop", the hoop is in our yard, not even over in theirs at all, on the curb in the gutter. Yes, it's a little beat up and maybe should be recycled, but the kids love it and they play with it all the time. So, supposively they wanted to move it because they were having a baby blessing the next day and wanted to make more room for parking. Ok seriously, it's 2 feet long, if we move it you could maybe park a skooter there, but not another car. Of course we are nice and say "oh, don't worry, you can just park in front of our house, or the china man accross the street's house (he was outside too). I can't help but think they just didn't want the ugly thing near "their yard". The guy kinda just rolled his eyes and went inside, not even saying "ok, gee thanks, I appreciate that"....oh, and considering the fact if they were SO WORRIED about parking, don't you think they would have parked in the garage and not in their driveway to make more room for their "friends"?

Ok, rewind a week or two. We live in a community where we all share common ground. Our backyards basically consist of about 10 feet off our our house. Anything else is common ground. We decided to put up the pool in between our house and the neighbors house because that is where the sun would hit it the majority of the day and keep it warm. We weren't bothering them, the kids were just out back swimming. Well, the neighbors were outside and as they walked around the corner of the house they said "THIS IS RIDICULOUS, HOW LONG ARE THEY GOING TO KEEP THIS POOL UP IN OUR YARD". So of course the kids came in to tell me what had happened, and I know I wasn't out there but I don't think my kids would make something like that up. I seriously was so mad. This has been building for a while, but I thought, eh, I will be the bigger person and let it go.

Ok so rewind back before the pool incident....the neighbors have a dog, with a shock collar. In order to have the shock collar work they have to bury a wire, all the way around their yard. So, they decided to dig a big reveine for the wire, but instead of staying on their property they crossed completly over basically against my house all the way up the side and through the back of my yard, so their dog had lots of room to play. So, basically they went into our yard, dug up our grass, (it all died)...and they never even asked us. Then their dog poops all over and they don't clean it up. argh. I am so frusterated.

Ok, and the icing on the cake....fast forward to Sunday..the baby blessing. Tables all through the back yard, into our yard and the neighbors...which is fine, no biggie right..it's COMMON GROUND remember? But then, little kids everywhere, in my pool, throwing all my pool toys around, letting the water out, tearing leaves off my tree. Then they climb up on my deck and go in my son's playhouse (which is meant for like 2-3yr olds), 4 or 5 kids at a time. Some of them maybe 10 years old, climbing out windows, on the roof. OH! That was it! I am DONE! Nick looked at me raising his eybrows like he knew something was about to happen.......

Nick "HONEY...What are you going to do?"

Erika (with an evil smile) "Well, for starters I am about to put on my bikini, lay out a towel on the back deck, turn up the radio, crack a beer and sunbath topless on my back porch.... and that is just the beginning..."

A weird moment of silence and then...

NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING.

Ya, I grit my teeth and I let it go. But man, if those people only knew.....

4 comments:

shayrae said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! we live in a condo right, our dog goes out back and does its thing, well 2 weeks ago i am wandering outside all over and the neighbor comes out, says are u looking for something I said ya just dog poop. then last week she calls the landlord and says we never pick up! WTF? are u kidding me! u just asked me what I was doing last week! I cant wait 4 a house with a FENCED yard!

Lorina said...

I HATE people like that. I have had to deal with rude people alot.. especially renting apartments. By the way.. you should have went outside with your bikini.. that would have been so funny!

Maybe not topless though, you might have given the old men heartaches! haha

chrissy said...

They're LAME-O. I feel bad for them because they don't know just how cool you guys are. I would die to have neighbors like you guys. Their loss.

Just try and be cordial. Did I spell that right? Anyways, they should be careful if they're going to nit-pick little things about you guys, because you've got plenty of stuff to fire back at them (like the poop and dead grass and all...).

Brad and Marci said...

Those are for sure the people we all want to avoid as neighbors but hey your for sure get points for gritting your teeth! I wish I could just live in your neighbors house and we would have brought out another pool and had a great time plus I would have brought out my ghetto bball hoop and we would have played a full court game. Hang in there and when we get a house I'll blog about lame neighbors too.