Wednesday, May 21, 2008

This is not fun..

Last night we had a crazy wind storm with gusts up to 60 MPH. I had Nick go out and get the two hanging flower pots from the front porch before the storm started, but I didn't even think to bring anything else in from the back.

About 1:30am I woke up because the wind was so loud. The first thing I thought of when I heard it was..."OH CRAP, OUR NEW TABLE SET!" The table we just bought is very light and has tiles that insert into it on the top of it. The tiles aren't glued in or anything, they just are placed in and could easily come out. I knew for sure at least the chairs would blow away if we didnt bring them in. So, I woke Nick up and sent him outside to go look what damage the wind had done and have him bring stuff in. After a while when he didn't come back I headed downstairs.

At this point he had brought in all of the chairs and the table, accept all of the tiles from the table were missing. When he went outside, the wind had completely blown over everything and every single one of the tiles has been shattered when they hit the ground. Then, we noticed that a couple of the chairs (which are made of woven material) have holes in them where the table had fallen on them. So, pretty much the whole set is ruined. :( I am so sad. We were so excited to have a nice set and now it's garbage, and it was not cheap...at all.

I think I remember seeing on the box that it had a warranty but I didn't think to save the receipt. I am going to have Nick call Home Depot and see what we can do about replacing the set. I'm not sure they will do much of anything but I guess all I can do at this point is hope.

Oh, and as if the table wasn't bad enough, I found out even more bad news. The guy that put our deck together flaked out on us and says he doesn't have time to put up the railing. So now we have to find someone to finish the job. He says he may be able to get to in in about a month or so if we want to wait. I just feel like this whole project kinda is going to crap. Nothing really has gone right from the beginning and I am ready to throw in the towel and call it quits. :(

2 comments:

Lorina said...

SAD!! I am so sorry that happened.. I really loved your table set.. maybe you could find cuter tiles to put in there instead? Awful just awful.. Poor thing. What kind of luck is that?

chrissy said...

I'm so sorry!!! Stupid wind. It might be scratched up a bit, but is it still useable? Can you still sit in the chairs? Seriously, I'm so sorry.