Monday, May 19, 2008

An Eventful Weekend

What a gorgeous weekend! The weather was perfect! We spent a lot of time outside. Friday we just hung out, I went grocery shopping like I normally do on the weekends we have all the kids. Saturday Ke'alohi and I went on a shopping adventure! We got a new patio set and a bunch of new karaoke cd's, oh and a new microphone. Then at 3:30 Chrissy, Ryan and kids came over to bbq. It was a little windy but really warm. We got out the pool for the kids and hung out back.

Later on Lorina and Josh showed up with their cute kids. This was the first time Lorina and I have met. We have only talked over blogspot so that was pretty fun! She has such a cute family. Then Bao, our chinese neighbor, came over and we all ate and hung out. Later after Bao and Lorina left, we went inside when the wind started to get to cold and we busted out the karaoke machine and glow sticks! All in all it was a fun and eventful day.

Oh, deck update.....the deck base is in, now it's just time for the railing! Here are some pics

Can you see the 3" drop off the left side? I was worried that Kayden might fall off, so we decided to spend the extra $ and do the railing. So the best part about that is, instead of it being Kayden that fell, Ke'alohi (our 10 year old) was the first one to go off the edge! Don't worry, she's ok..and this is a usual thing for both her and Ambria!

I am really excited to see the finished product! Hopefully we can get it done this week.

Then Sunday we bought a ton of flowers and some bushes and planted all day. I spent the whole day out in the sun and by the time 5:00pm hit I was burnt, tired, and starving. So I made dinner and we ate outside with the kids on our new table. I have to finish the back yard this week, but at least I got a good start on things.

I love the hanging flowers!

Front Yard

Tree out back...

See they are still in cartons, not finished...come on, cut me some slack!

3 comments:

chrissy said...

Thanks for having us over. It was fun to PARTAY!!! I can't believe we partied until midnight. That's so past my bedtime!!! But we had a blast.

And the flowers look great! Come do my yard next.

Brad and Marci said...

I love the new additions! I can't wait to have a b-b-q on it ;) There is nothing like making a house a home and yours if amazing might I add!?

The Brownings said...

Very Pretty!! It's a lot to get done all at once! I had someone come over and get my garden ready for me-I'm not as ambitious as you!!