Thursday, April 24, 2008

My newest goal.....

I've decided I'm going to start keeping a book of all of the cute and funny things that the kids say. Kinda like a scrapbook all about them and their cute sayings with phots and all. They all are so cute and say some pretty funny things, I really need to start writing them down. Plus it would be fun for them to see when they get older too. I absolutely love looking through old photo albums of when I was young, or watching old home videos. I think every kid should have something like that to remember the good times growing up.

Ok, so here is one from Ambria last night. We were at the table eating chicken and she had a drumstick on her plate. She picked it up and took a bite and says "mom, this chicken is on a bone." and Nick looked at her and said "yep, it's the leg bone." She replied "No daddy, I think it's a dinosaur bone!"

This one was from Ke'alohi. A few weeks back we had our friend Courtney over to babysit. When we got home we all hung out for a while, and were in one of those silly laugh til your belly hurts moods. Courtney used to live next door to us and has babysat for us off and on for a few years now. Courtney's sister (who also lived next door) used to call Ke'alohi some silly nickname. After trying to remember forever, they finally gave up and called Courtney's sister. The nickname she called Ke'alohi was BOLOGNA! So, Ke'alohi then says "I knew it, I knew it was some kind of cheese!" We all looked at each other and laughed and Ke'alohi couldn't figure out what was going on!

Anyone who knows me knows I really hang on to sentimental things. Anything I have that "reminds" me of something is like a treasure to me. I really want to give that back to my kids, so I am starting today with this. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Sislers said...

I'm with you there...I LOVE looking at my baby book and pictures of when we were all little.
I fully intend to do a baby book for my little boy, who is due in about a week, and I'm already behind on it. i want to scrap the ultrasound photos and baby shower photos and I haven't done ONE THING!! ...such is life I guess :)

chrissy said...

remember when i bought little notebooks, one for each of your kids, to write down the funny things they say when they're playing at my house? and remember how i never actually wrote anything down, cuz i'm lame like that? ya, i remember that, too.

but at least i keep the babysitting blog alive...