Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Hi My Name is Erika and I am an Addict...

I like to think that Nick and I eat pretty healthy. We eat a lot of salads, low fat things, lots of fruit and veggies, and rarely ever induldge in fast food. In fact, I can't remember the last time I went to Mcdonalds, and this is coming from a girl that used to eat McDonald's at least once, if not twice a day, for a very long time (thank you good genes). I even had the menu memorized at one point. But I have a little bit of a problem.

I LOVE COOKIES. I love all kinds of cookies really, but I particulary adore those Lofthouse sugar cookies. You know, the ones with the pink frosting and sprinkles that have like 1200 calories and 1800 grams of fat. Ok, a bit of exhageration yes, but still they are not good for you at all. I have tried giving them up, several times in fact, but I just CAN'T DO IT! I can cut out soda, I can cut out fast food, I can cut out just about anything but I can't stop eating those stinken cookies.

Ok, here is the worst part though. I don't eat them during the day when I still have time to "work them off". There is this little trigger inside my head that goes off when it's 3:00am and I wake up. It's like I almost sleep walk to the kitchen and there they are glowing and glimmering right there on the counter. Those cookies taste 100 times better at 3:00am, I promise-it's true! So, I eat one, drink my glass of milk, wander back to bed (sprinkle trail and all), and then I am out.

When I wake up the next morning, I almost have to stop and think "was that a dream, or did I really eat another cookie again?"Darn it! I hate those cookies, hate them.



5 comments:

Lorina said...

HAHA You nailed that right on the head. Every womens Nightmare! You are one lucky girl though, My genes..NOT SO GOOD! Seriously! I gained so much weight while preggos with Brooklyn (2 years ago), and still working it off.

I am having a problem with Coca Cola right now. Its like my coffee. I need to give it up though, yet again!

chrissy said...

I know, right?! Those things have to have some illegal drug in them that makes them sooooo addictive. We don't even buy them anymore. It's like when you love something, you set it free...Heh heh. For Valentine's Day, Colleen brought over a box of them. I ATE THREE. THREE!!! In, like, two hours. And I don't have your good genes. :)

Sislers said...

I'm with you Chrissy, we don't buy them either. In fact, when they are available at someone's house or party I just avoid them because I know "I can't eat just one" :)

shayrae said...

HA HA HA HA Im the same way! but with chocolate! you do want some hair clips? what colors, ill just make you some

Erika said...

Oh, well you girls didn't make me feel any better! ha...oh well, I guess until I stop buying them, I won't stop eating them. So, the battle wages on.