Thursday, March 6, 2008

Economic Stimulus Package

Ok, after much debating, and lots of thought, I (hubby and I) have decided that the nice little $2100 check the government is giving us extra for taxes this year (for the economic stimulus package) is going to be put to good use.

I thought about saving it, no really I did. I thought about doing a lot of things with it actually, but I have come to a conclusion. Drum roll please......we are buying a bedroom set! YES! I am so freakin excited. Can you tell? I haven't had one since I moved out and I am seriously dancing in circles thinking about it. My kids all have bedroom sets, my house has nice furniture, but my poor bedroom is so plain and boring and my clothes are currently in my closet in plastic bins.

So today Nick and I are going to go look at lunch for what we want. I think we will repaint, switch up the colors a bit, change up the master bath...we'll make a party out of it. Our house really has come together. We have worked really hard to make it cozy, and this is really the last step before it feels complete. Well, that and I really want to paint my front door like a mocha color.

I will take before and after pics!

3 comments:

shayrae said...

cant wait to see the finished product! take before & after pictures!

Erika said...

I will for sure! I miss you.

Sislers said...

My hubby and I got a bedroom set about a year ago, and yes, it was so much fun getting it :) It's amazing to see your room all "put together"
enjoy :)