Monday, February 25, 2008

Kindergarten Registration

Today is Kindergarten Registration at Lindon Elementary. I cannot believe Ambria starts school this year. She is so excited to go to her "big school". Lindon Elementary is a nice school in an upper class part of Lindon. The bus stop is right outside our front door, basically in our drive way.

My only issue now is that I just have to find out what to do with her the second half of the day since I work in Salt Lake and she is down here for school. She has a little friend across the street named Kela who also starts school this year. I was thinking maybe Kela's mom would be willing to keep her the second half of the day-- I just haven't had the chance to ask her yet. If not we will probably have to do one of the after school daycare programs that picks them up from school and takes them to the daycare til we get off. I am really hoping we don't have to do something like that but I am not quite sure yet.

It's so weird having your kid go away to school. One, it makes you feel really old, but two its like you are letting them go in a way, and that is hard. I am so proud of her though. She is such a bright kid and I know she will do well. I am sure preschool has helped give her that little bit of a head start. Another thing too is that it will be really weird not taking her to Chrissy every day with her little brother. I love knowing they are together all day and get to play together. Maybe I will just have to have one more?

5 comments:

Sislers said...

This really goes with your last post, but...IS IT FRIDAY YET?!! :D

chrissy said...

Well geez, Erika. Stop TALKING about having one more, and DO IT! You make cute kids, that's reason enough. :)

Ever talk to that chick's mom?

Lorina said...

Touche'Chrissy..you really have cute kids.

And that's exciting. I haven't had the chance to experience even preschool yet, but I will probably be a wreck!

Have more babies, Josh's friend just had her 11th! Not even kidding!

Erika said...

Ya dude, she said no. So Here I am back to ground 0. Lorina, want to watch my daughter since you live in PG and stay home? haha

shayrae said...

Ahhh I cant belive you have a child old enough to be going to school! Where did the time go?