Friday, November 2, 2007

Poor Baby....

Kayden is teething again. He is miserable. I feel bad for the poor kid because he is such a good little guy 99.99% of the time, but he has had a rough week this week. When you lay him down at night he cries and moans and chews on his fingers. Motrin helps take the edge off of it but he is still in pain and you can tell. He has had a fever, runny nose, all of the symptoms Ambria would get and I feel so bad. I wish I could do something more. Anybody have any home remedies?

Last night was the third night in a row he hasn't slept well, which means Nick and I haven't slept well. Well, Nick hasn't...I usually get to sleep and he wakes up. What a nice guy huh? Last night Kayden woke up every hour from 9:00-12:00 and so finally Nick took him downstairs at 12:45. I guess he was up til 3:45 and finally fell asleep. When I woke up I rolled over and reached for Nick and he wasn't there. So I headed downstairs. I walked all around and I couldn't find them anywhere. Finally I looked on the floor in front of the couch and Nick had made a little bed and they were both snuggled together on the floor fast asleep. Man what a good dad and what a good husband he is! I am so lucky. It's almost been three years now that Nick and I have been together and I swear I fall more in love with that boy every day. Ok, enough sap, get back to work!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

2 comments:

chrissy said...

There's nothing worse than when your baby feels like crud and you can't do anything for him! He's been sleeping most of the day, though, and chewing on blankets when he's not asleep. You can tell his gums are bugging him. But don't worry, he's in good hands ;)

Jill Petersen said...

I know how hard it is. I have had to deal with Ben's molars the last little while. I am so sorry! I wish I had some good remedies for you. I just do Motrin and not sleep. That's awesome Nick gets up with him. You have a great guy on your hands.