Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Scary!

This morning on the way to work traffic slowed down on I-15, and of course we knew most likely there was an accident. When Nick and I passed the wreck we couldn't believe how bad it was, and it must have just happened because the police were barely showing up and traffic hadn't gotten too bad yet.

There were three cars involved. One of them was at the tail end with least damage, just kinda off the shoulder, but then the other two cars were pretty banged up. One car looked like it had rolled multiple times because it was smashed all the way around, and it had landed on the hood of the second car right side up. The bottom car was smashed and the front wheels of the top car were part way through the windshield. You could see several people hugging and crying on the shoulder. Man I hope everyone got out of that ok. I have never seen anything like that.

Ambria looked shocked and asked why the car was on top of the other car. I did the best I could to explain it to her and remind her that is why she always wears her seatbelt. Oh, and of course she uses the opportunity to tattle on her daddy saying "my daddy Chris didn't buckle me in once, I wanted to but he said no, and I bonked my head on the chair like this (BONK) when he stopped really fast. Man, her stories sometimes! Kids, gotta love em!

4 comments:

chrissy said...

that's so scary. i wonder if it'll be on the news tonight?

Erika said...

I looked all over news websites and I can't find it.

Michelle said...

Could this be it?

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_7258619

So sad! Makes me pray everytime my daughter gets in the car!

Erika said...

That was actually the same day, but a different accident. But thanks for looking!