Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I hate cars.

Last night on the way home from work my car died. No warning, just dead...no power steering, no brakes, kaput. I pulled off the on ramp to the freeway and it started right back up. WEIRD, I thought. So I get on the freeway and make it about 100 yards, DIES AGAIN! Now I'm thinking ok, what the crap, no warning...not puttering..just dead. Starts up fine again. This time I make it half way to Chrissy's house before it dies for the third time.

Nick and I decide it's best to drive it to a shop in Sandy, at least while it is still starting and plus it would really suck to have it die completely on the way home with both kiddos inside. So Ryan met us at Tunex where they hooked it up to a machine to check the alternator. They were baffled. No check engine light, so no way to diagnose it. Plus its a german car so of course we get to take it to the "special" dealer.

We left it at a place called McNeils for them to test. So as of right now I don't have any idea what is going on with it or how much $$$ this will cost. Chrissy was nice enough to let us drive her minivan home last night and bring it back to her today. Thank goodness we have two cars and don't have to rent one in the meantime. But you know what really sucks, we just paid that damn car off! Of course it breaks down now right? ARGH.

To be continued......

3 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Man, that sucks. It's nice to have such cool friends like CHrissy and Ryan huh?!I know what your going through! My stupid new Kia that I bought a couple of months ago has died on me and I had to replace the alternator. I was on the freeway as well!$500! Now It needs jumped everytime I want to go anywhere. WHAT THE HELL! Hopefully it just needs a new battery. I am just confused because when It was at the shop they said everything else on the van was working well.

Erika said...

Man that is a bummer! Is this a new van?

chrissy said...

Ya, the Bailey's are awesome, huh? They always do such nice things, and they're so genuine and sincere. And let's not forget how freakin' HOT they are! Heh heh...