Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I HATE WHEN THINGS BREAK!

So, in the last two months Nick and I have spent over $1200 in car repairs - between the two cars. I swear it feels like we are always dumping money into those things, just for something else to break or go wrong. It's funny really how dealers fail to tell you "these are your estimated yearly maintenance and repair charges associated with this car". Those charges may be the breaking point in the decision to communte to work every day by bike, or at least it would make me highly consider buying a moped. ;)

So, now that the cars are up and running great again, something else MUST break down. Thus is life, #*% happens right? RIGHT. Nick worked from home yesterday because our air conditioner has been acting up. I know, it's May right, yesterday was the first day we hit 90 degrees, but man it was hot as heck in there when I got home. I had managed to talk him out of calling the AC guy so we could save our money for camping this weekend since we have this huge trip planned with a bazillion people and I wanted to make sure we had what we needed. That quickly changed when I walked in the door to our sauna after work last night.

So, again today he stayed home after I gave him the green light to call the tech. So, here we are $99.00 later, STILL with a broken air conditioner. What did we get for $99.00 you ask? Oh, we got $2800.00 of repairs to put in a complete new unit. JOY.

No comments: