Monday, November 3, 2008

What did you say? It's November?

I looked at the calendar the other day and realized it is less than 60 days until Christmas. On a normal year by this time, I am done shopping or very close to it. I am sad to say that I still have not bought one single item. NOTHING. I think maybe I was too overwhelmed with Halloween to realize how much time flew by.

November is a busy month around our house. We have the normal Thanksgiving, but we also have all 3 boy's birthdays. Nakoa turns 7 on Saturday, Kayden turns 2 on Thanksgiving, and Kolya turns 9 on November 29th. I better get moving or I might get burried in all the madness!

I think perhaps the holidays seem a little different every other year. Maybe that is what the problem is. This year we don't have the kids on Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas. So I am not as motivated to go crazy like I normally do. I mean really, what are Holidays without kids? At least we get to see them on Christmas day and they will stay over that night, but there is something about waking up Christmas morning to silence. Kayden is getting older and maybe we will be ok this year since he will be there. It is really hard to share. You feel like you miss so much when the kids aren't there to watch open presents and be anxious on Christmas Eve. It makes me thankful that we have them as much as we do.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

I bet Kayden is going to have a blast this year! Tearing off wrapping paper and bows will give him a kick. Plus, just imagine the cute little 'suprised' face he pulls when he opens a cool toy!

What I can't get over is that it's November, and WARM. I'm lovin' it! Well, except for today...

Lorina said...

I haven't gone shopping either.. Sad that you don't have any of the kids.