Monday, November 24, 2008

Movie Review

MMMM. What do I say. Alright, let me break it down for you.

The good:
The majority of the characters looked like I imagined. Bella, Edward, Alice, Emmett, Jacob and Charlie at least.

The bad:
The film felt majorly LOW budget. The plot skipped so many crucial points, I was left scratching my head thinking that if I hadn't read the book, I would probably have been lost most of the way through it. There wasn't the depth that I had wanted, the romance, the desire, the love. Not to mention that Edward makes some funky faces through the whole thing! It was almost comical really. It just isn't, how do I put it, as believable as the book was.

Overall Rating:
C-

I was disappointed. Sad but true, for the first time in my life I must say, the book is SOOO much better then the movie. I don't think I would see it twice. Save your money and rent it when it comes to dvd.

3 comments:

chrissy said...

My sister said it should have been a "Lifetime: Television for Women" made for TV movie.

While I loooooved it, I can definitely see her point.

See it again. I've heard it grows on you.

Keira said...

I actually liked it, although I was a little lost on some parts. I agree, the book is a lot better!

shayrae said...

The book is always better, but i must say that looking at pictures of Rob before the movie i thought he was hideous! then in the movie i fell in love...
I♥ Edward! LOL