Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Change in Plans.....

Wow, what a change one day can make. After some thought, and consideration, we have decided to take our home off of the market. There are several reasons for this really. The number one reason being that the selling market is poor right now, and unfortunately I don't think we will be able to get what we want out of our house. Two, my job might not be moving next April, instead it may be more than a year or so before we make the move (which is good news for the whole car pool situation which was a huge factor in moving). Number 3, it would be extremely difficult to move away from the kids now that they live literally around the block from us and we get to see them on a frequent basis. So, no biggie, we stay a few more years, get some things paid off, then we move when we are in a better position. I can live with that.

Problem solved right? WRONGO. A week or so ago our passat was misfiring, cutting out when you accelerated, so we took it in, the guy told us to change the spark plugs, out the door we spent $160.00. Not too shabby. It drove fine for about a week, then the problem came back, except not as bad and more randomly then before. However when it would misfire the check engine light would blink and then go off, sometimes it would stay on but go off later. We were just getting ready to take it back in again to have it looked at when on Friday we get in to go to work and the dash says "STOP, DON'T DRIVE - OUT OF COOLANT". Oh good hell. You have got to be kidding me.

So we dropped it off Monday at a local shop by our house. The guy was really nice and gave us a quote to fix the coolant leak. $575.00. JOY. Now, keep in mind that doesn't include the original problem before the damn thing started leaking. So, a few more tests, a few more probems and now we are at $1000.00. Ya, wait just a minute....there's more! Our 2005 Durango has a nice little light on the dash that is on as well, that damn check engine light! I love that thing, can I tell you? Every time it comes on I smile and watch the dollar signs roll around in my head. No serioulsy. Luckily the problem with it is minor and is only some ESR valve thingy (no clue what it is or what it does) and the guy can do it for just over $100 bucks. So, with both cars, taxes and all we should be good to go after our little $1200 investment. Whew.

I think this has to be one of the longest weeks I have had in a very very long time. Hopefully it will end well with our Spook Alley and I can forget about all of this and have a good time.

Ok, yep, I'm done now. Feel better. Whew.

3 comments:

chrissy said...

Seriously, that all sucks. I'm not going to lie. I'm sorry about the car and the house and everything. What a crummy week! Can I do anything to make you feel better?

Do you need me to make you more sugar cookies? ;)

Anonymous said...

YEAH for us....your staying:) I was wondering what was going on. I went to the bus stop yesterday and there was no for sale sign, I just assumed the wind blew it down....but seriously so glad your staying!

Erika said...

Well thanks girls. You both made me smile. :) I mean C'mon who would do an anual spook alley if we moved? :)