Monday, August 18, 2008

My $17.00 Investment

So you all have heard me moan and groan about my wrinkles. Yes, it's true, I have them. So over the weekend I bought myself some $17.00 super duper anti-aging cream. Although the back of the box says "will take up to 8 weeks for a noticable difference", I decided today it must already be working! What a great investment.

Driving through Fazolis's Drive through today I totally got hit on by a 16 year old! Yes, that's right...he couldn't have been older than 16 or 17 at the max. First he wanted to know how long I had been married (I think he was just checking to see if I was) and then he told me "Just so you know, you have GREAT eyebrows!" I couldn't help but laugh on my way out of the parking lot. Seriously kid, eyebrows?

Pick up lines sure have changed since my day! and then... once again..... I felt really really old. Damn.

6 comments:

Nick said...

How can you tell that story and leave out one of the best parts?... Just last night when I was on my way home from the car wash when I heard a Mountain Dew commercial about not telling a girl she has a nice booty, but to try a different approach and tell her she has "nice eyebrows." Then to seal the deal you are supposed to offer her a Dew. Guess he forgot that part.

BTW... Should I be worried that you are being picked up on by high school age kids? Also... if you would have been out of a car I don't think there is any way in hell he could of thought about your eye brows with that "booty!"

Last, but not least. No surprise from me you are getting hit on by the younger crowd. I wouldn't be surprised hearing about anyone and everyone hitting on you from Grandpa, a preschooler, or even Brad Pitt. You are HOT and that is all there is to it!

Erika said...

You are simply adorable Nicholas....and all mine.

chrissy said...

dude, nick, i was thinking the same thing about that commercial! oh, erika, that cracks me up!

chrissy said...

(oh and shut up. you don't need wrinkle cream. i'm not going to tell you that again...)

:)

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Wow!! You do have great eyebrows!!Is that what they call them these days? HaHa

Brad and Marci said...

I think there comes a time in our lives where any pick up line will do. You got a lot more nice things than eyebrows but just so you know they are nice too. I think you should have gotten a free mtn. dew out of that though, silly teenage boy that could talk the talk but for sure did not walk the walk!