Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hammer Time!

Ok, so the new fad at Express is wide leg dress pants. Like these:


I think they are super cute but of course anything from Express is very expensive, a pair of these babies would run you about $80. So before I decide if I like them or not and have the extra $80 to blow on a pair, my loving husband got me two pairs from Target to test out.

Ok, so for those of you who wear designer clothes, you know that when you take a step down to a department store like a Target, you just don't get the same effect.! With that being said, my lovely husband got me two pairs in a size 6 (which is what I typically wear in pants at Express).

I wore one pair last week and I wore the other one today. Now that I have worn them both I have decided that they are a little big. Ok but it's a weird big. They are big up top where I am used to things fitting a little snugger. So I'm thinking "Are these things wide leg or wide butt"? I mean really? Ok no for reals, I'm wondering if maybe when I wash them they will shrink? Possibly....... hopefully. However, I haven't quite figured out yet if it's just the way they are supposed to fit or if maybe I should go down a size. Who knows.

So today, here I am at work in my Target wide butt pants and I can't help but stand up and sing


"Hammer Time, can't touch this,
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA
can't touch this!"

6 comments:

chrissy said...

thanks. you know, now, that i'm going to be staring at your butt when you come over tonight. you better do the dance to go along with it.

;)

Erika said...

HAHAHA sicko! Ok, so my spacing is so off on my post but I can't get the paragraphs to break. Have you had the same problem? So ya, it's all one paragraph. Sorry!

chrissy said...

they were big, but they weren't that bad. they were a cute style!

i have the spacing problem, too. i have to go to the 'edit html' tab and space the paragraphs that way to make the returns stick... it sucks big time.

Sislers said...

LOL...that was a hilarious post :)

I wish I could "try out" the cheaper pants from Target or wherever, but I need the longer lengths and Target just doesn't do that, so I have to wait for sales at the pricey stores :( so you better believe I make sure I LOVE the pants before spending that much money.

Fleur de Bee said...

I think this cut is so flattering! I always wash my clothes in cold water and hang my pants to dry because I am always nervous I will find a great pair I love and they will shrink..Take some photos for us. What a sweet husband to shop for you- that is golden!

Erika said...

I will take some pics! They are sooooo big! I feel like if I jumped off the roof I would slowly float down...haha