Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Like Mother Like Daughter...

When I was a little girl I was infactuated with Michael Jackson. Yes, I know some of you cringe at the thought, but I was- so get over it! He was so talented, such a legend, and I even truly thought he was cute! I can't tell you how many people made fun of me, and how much crap I took from it, but I didn't let that bother me, I LOVED HIM JUST THE SAME!

So, recently I have been playing a lot of his old music. It really brings me back to when I was little and brings back so many old memories (some good, some bad). Well, Ambria has really took a liking to him recently, and I hate to admit it but I LOVE IT! You see, Ambria is just like her dad, and we really don't have too too much in common. So the fact she likes him too and always wants to hear his songs makes me smile and feel fuzzy inside.

Today in the car on the way to work, after we finished listening to one of his songs, she goes "mommy, for Christmas I really want a Michael Jackson toy" and I said "what do you mean honey?" and she said "you know, like a barbie of Michael Jackson". I sat back in my chair and thought to myself "Oh great, how do I explain this to her" Maybe a visual would help:


"You see honey, when mommy liked Michael Jackson he used to look like this...."


"But now he looks like this..."

"I am not quite sure they would put out a childrens barbie of him at this point in time. Maybe for Halloween, but I'm pretty sure it might be too scary for the little ones on any other occasion. :)"

I can see baffled the look on her face now, ha ha!

3 comments:

chrissy said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Oh man that's frickin awesome!!! Ya, I don't think they'll come out with one of those anytime soon.

Jill Petersen said...

My friend Melyssa has an original Michael Jackson Barbie she got when she was younger. Her boys play with it now. Its still has the red leather Jacket and pants! Maybe I can talk her into giving it to me...Yea right! She's still obsessed!

Michelle said...

Check on ebay, they have everything! But I have to say Michael Jackson is just way too creepy for me.

You put me on your sidebar! Way cool! Thank you, thank you!