Friday, August 31, 2007

Christmas in August

Ok guys, I know I have lost my mind! I have begun Christmas Shopping already! Although I am a self proclaimed shop-a-holic, Christmas is a great excuse to do it! We have all the kids this year and I cannot wait! Hell, I may just put up the Christmas lights in September. Last year we won the Apple Grove House Decorating contest because you could see our house from Jupiter, and the best part is that we never even knew there was one. One day Nick looked out the window and yells "Honey, someone stuck something in our front lawn!!!" When we went outside we found a decorated yard sign announcing us as the winner for best Decorated house in the neighborhood! YES! And to top it all off they paid our HOA fee that month as the prize!

Oh, we ARE going to win again this year, you can count on it! Right Nick.......? Nick......honey? Ah man.....

3 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Although I am not a shop-a-holic I have started thinking about Christmas already also. I haven't bought anything yet but I already have lists of things I am going to get. Drew Goes all out on presents and usually takes over but this year I want to do some dang it!

chrissy said...

Go Nick!

It's like pulling teeth to get Ryan to put up Christmas lights. In fact, last year I was so excited to have them put up since we were in a new house for Christmas, but he kept putting it off and putting it off. Then it was mid December and I BEGGED him to do it, and he refused because it was too close to Christmas and then we'd just have to take them down again! LOSER! I'm making him put them up this year or he'll be spending the holidays with his parents at their house...

;)

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!! Last year was a nightmare trying to get presents for people, only to find out they were gone. So no more of that. I'll have it all done, then I can enjoy the holidays.
The problem is where to hide them?...